We’re currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to provide effective maintenance, repair & servicing of plant, building & equipment.
47.5 hours per week, working on the day shift for the rest of this season but the successful candidate will be on a rotating shift pattern next year. The rotating shift pattern will run from late March to the end of October (this is our busy summer season where we run two shifts) then you will return to day shifts for the winter months.
In this role you will:
- Attend all mechanical, electrical, plant and equipment issues.
- A working knowledge of Steam, Hydraulics and Pneumatics desirable but not crucial
- Boas certificate would be advantageous
- Experience of fast paced production is advantageous.
- Carry out safety tests as required
- Start up and shut down processing plant, equipment and facilities
- Undertake a programme of planned preventative maintenance ensuring optimum use and minimum downtime
- Respond to breakdowns as quickly and as efficiently as possible
- Good communication skills as you will be required to report back to the management team and production supervisors
- Any other ad hoc tasks.
- On the odd occasion you may be asked to work at our Depot facility in Redruth
This role offers a range of benefits including:
Access to a company Share Save Scheme
Employee wellness programme and referral scheme
Good remuneration package
Courses available for certain disciplines
The starting salary of £28,000 is given is a guide. this may be increased depending on experience.
Johnsons HORECA is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of textile service solutions. We work with thousands of customers in the hotel and restaurant business
Our customers range from huge multi-national Hotels to independently owned family businesses and we take care of every single one of them. They like us too – as we get independently reviewed by our customer base each year and always come out on top for our shape and size in our industry.
We’re an employee focused business, committed to developing our people to ensure that we have the best there is as part of our team and we’re looking for our next Engineering Technician to become part of the hugely successful Johnsons family.
Are you ready to join us? Apply now!
How to apply
You can either apply online or download and complete the application form and email to: Jason.James@southwestlaundry.co.uk
or you can hand deliver the application form to:
Johnsons South West Laundry,
St Erth Business Park, Hayle Cornwall, TR27 6LP